With so much going on in the world right now, sometimes it seems like meditating is the only thing keeping me sane. I meditate to clear my mind and remember what's important to me. Mindworks has an article that's a great reminder of the power of this ancient wellness practice. They give 6 reasons to give it a try. I've listed them below. Read the full article here for details.
6 REASONS TO MEDITATE
1. Meditation makes you happier.
2. Meditation helps you manage anxiety, stress and depression.
3. You don't need to be religious to meditate.
4. Meditation benefits are almost immediate.
5. Meditation helps you fall asleep. (Yes, please!)
6. Meditation sharpens your memory.
HOW TO START
There's no right or wrong way to meditate. You just have to try to let go. The New York Times has some great tips to get you going. Check them out here.